Monday, May 09, 2005

Rainy Days and Mondays

They always got Karen Carpenter down, and I must say that I generally disagree. I love cloudy days. Particularly here in SoCal, cloudy days are rare gifts that allow you to pull the hot cocoa out of the cabinet and snuggle with your loved ones. It makes you appreciate the sun even more, am I right?

Mondays, though, generally suck. There's no excuse for them, no way to improve them. There are exceptions to the rule, like when you take off work to go to Disneyland or something, I guess. Even if there's something happening that makes a Monday sweet, like your baby being born, the fact remains that you still had trouble getting out of bed that morning.

Today I am feeling less optimistic and more like that wacky anorexic songbird Miss Carpenter.

I can't help but think of the people whose feelings I have hurt and how cowardly I can be. I make a big show of learning from other people's mistakes and trying to rise above it all, but I am just like the people I watch. I get caught up in it all and can't see past the end of my nose.

Sigh.

I wish I were better than I am.

drip. g

1 Comments:

At 10:34 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yeah! Totally. I thought about it seriously, and you should put out more. Tons more.

--Thunder

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Site Meter