Monday, April 25, 2005

Void

Oh-so-early this morn, I heard the quasi-pleasant sounds of "Low Chimes" ringing on my phone alarm and I became acutely aware of how cranky I was. I considered not getting up and going to the gym and sleeping in instead. The only problem with that plan was that "sleeping in" means waking up at 6 instead of 5. So, I rolled out of bed and grumbled my way through the sports bra-untangling and energy shake-making activities of Monday and Thursday mornings.

At the gym, my eyes hurt from the abundance of light and were frozen in a permanent squint. I was apparently hell-bent on hurting myself at every opportunity, perhaps as a punishment for getting out of bed. I hit my knees on equipment, scraped my elbow on a runaway stair climber, bruised my calf on the lower ab machine, and stuck a safety pin info my thumb knuckle so far that it bled for the next 20 minutes. I should probably get a tetanus shot, but I can't find my satchel that contains my insurance card, if it was even in there in the first place.

Work hasn't been much better. My eyes still hurt, the server is down, and I can't think straight. Why do you think I'm posting this so late in the day?? I couldn't possibly collect myself before this.

I don't drink coffee. I don't want sugar. As a result, I am forced to enjoy these little humps of energy afforded me by tangerines and other fruit within a 20 foot radius of my desk. I don't have any other hope, though. The thing keeping my little heart a'beating is the promise of a nap in an hour and a half.

I think my adrenal glands are acting up. They were supposedly doing better, but last week they were making me cranky and now they're making me tired. These little 5-gram wonders sit atop one's kidneys and are useful in coping with stress and regulating metabolism, etc. Sounds like me and my adrenals have a case of the Mondays.

Hmmph. Somebody get this girl a pillow.

snore. g

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Site Meter