Sunday, July 10, 2005

The Old Routine

Yoda will be taking off soon. We have experienced much in this journey together, and all of the stories we have to tell involve flirting. Somehow, somewhere, there was flirting going on.

We have formed a special alliance as female siblings and have called it the FlirtForce Twins. When the opportunity presents itself to bat our eyelashes at a cute boy, we lick our lips in unison and put one hand on our left hip. Then, we wink at each other and a big explosion happens, leaving the unsuspecting man swooning and begging for our phone numbers.

Seriously, we are flirt machines. This girl is good luck. I've never been picked up on as much in one weekend as I have been with this girl. Perhaps Yoda, in her northern Texas wisdom, can teach me a thing or two about how to interact with men.

I've been told by my suitors that originally, they were convinced I was not interested in them. I always find this surprising, as I thought I was putting some extra elbow grease in there to turn on the charm and suggest that I would enjoy some lovin'. Apparently though, this is not the case. I am labeled intimidating and not very flirty at all. This is confounding to me--it is totally contrary to what is going on inside my head.

Anyway, Yoda has opened my eyes. A little laugh, a delicate move of the shoulder. Tossing of the hair and biting the lip. Shy smiles. All of these beautiful feminine subtleties can be bold in conveying how you feel about some hot hunk of man meat. Excuse me, I mean nice young man.

I think my problem was that I was trying to do too much at once. I want to show him I am a thinker, I tell good stories, and am funny. Also, I like to throw in a little hint of being a tigress in the sack. Right up front, that's too much. Take it down a notch. Make more eye contact, ask questions, shut up a little, and tilt your head to one side.

This kid should give classes. We were on fire this weekend. If she hadn't been sleeping on my futon, I would have gotten laid like 40 times.

You'll excuse the hyperbole, right, my darlings?

I have had such a lovely time getting to know this younger sibling of mine. I know now that there is someone around who enjoys my opinion, makes me laugh, and reminds me of some stuff that I've forgotten. Now we can exchange cute texts and gossip 'till our celly batteries die.

I have lost my futon for the weekend, and gained a sister for life.

family ties. g

2 Comments:

At 12:27 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

So your flirting has, in the past, been taken for total disinterest...Grae, does this mean that the time you told me "we're just friends, Paul, seriously, don't stand so close to me, and face THAT way", you were flirting with me?

O how I like to think so.

 
At 9:39 AM, Blogger Hollywood Phony said...

I think your problem is you're too violent. That time I saw you punch that guy in the nuts, there were probably two people in the world who knew you were "flirting" with him: me and you. And Jesus. And that guy Steve.

"And now, now you've gone away and all I'm trying to say is Pearl Harbor sucked - and I miss you"

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Site Meter