Thursday, July 07, 2005

Those Were the Days

This visit is going to be just fine. I have tapped into my center as an actor. I am 17 again. I am cool, carefree, and just figuring out how to harness the power that comes from having a noticeable bosom. Being 17 rules.

Well, no it doesn't. I mean, seriously, you live at home, you go to high school, your parents are an everyday fixture in your life, and every event is life-shattering. It can blow.

Remembering all of this is key to playing the role. The fact that you had to sneak out of your friend's house when you were spending the night to see your boyfriend and MAYBE have sex with him is quite the undertaking. Your friends telling your mom that you did this is the end of the world. And your brother leaving for college means you get your own bathroom. Ups and downs. I'm getting good at this.

Yoda stepped out of the gate in Long Beach and I made sure to look like I couldn't have cared less. I hugged her and called her cute pajamas girl, because she was in fact wearing pajamas, and then we proceeded to just miss pulling her luggage off the conveyor, causing an uproar at the North Baggage Claim. Just another day.

Luckily, she's so psyched to be away from the 'rents that she doesn't give a damn what we do. Go to the Chinese theater for a sneak preview? Okay. Nap for a few hours? Sounds good. Eat dinner, cruise Sunset, and go home for more sleep? Perfect. I think this will work out just fine.

It's easy to talk to a 17-year-old, as it turns out. Add in "I know, right?!" every few sentences and say "you know" and "like" a couple times more per sentence, and you've got the lingo. If you manage to remember that shopping, boys, snapshots, and cell phones are important activities and tools, then you're the coolest stepsister in the world.

So, today, she's sleeping late and I'm writing. I went to the gym, mailed some Netflix, and talked with my sis. I've got all my shit done, so now it's all about putting on the Teenager Hat and showing this girl that we got more bounce in California.

like, you know? g

3 Comments:

At 12:09 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm still waiting for an explanation of "Yoda."

 
At 5:16 PM, Blogger HellCat said...

We cannot explain the Yoda nickname. Apparently her mom gave it to her ages ago, and now everyone just gets a kick out of it. My hypothesis: when she was younger, she looked like Yoda and didn't speak in the typical subject/predicate sentence formation. Her skin is not green, though, thankfully.

 
At 10:06 AM, Blogger Hollywood Phony said...

tell me more about this 'noticeable bosom'

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Site Meter