Wednesday, June 01, 2005

Abundance

There is some movie where a forlorn chracter moans and groans about how sometimes your heart fills with so much love it feels like it will burst open from the pressure. I can't remember which one it is, or why I might have felt like punching that character in the face when I first heard the line...

...but I kind of feel that way right now.

My free time has forced me to sit by myself, in the quiet and peace, and reflect on my life. I find myself returning to all the faces that occupy my world, and thinking about why they are here, and their importance to me.

All of you bring so much to my consciousness that I would miss otherwise. There is such magic within you, it makes me better than I was before. It teaches me to rise above what I am, and see what I can be. With you, I can better realize my potential.

The way You look when we laugh together, or when we share a slice of eggplant pizza. The way it feels to have Your arms around me in the warm rays of early morning sun. Facts You spew. The breeze You create when You push wisps of your rock star hair out of Your eyes. The way You listen to me while we hike and talk about our concerns and triumphs. Your call after a long silence.

So many wonderful friends, so many precious moments.

It seems like recently, every time I feel the breeze blowing mercifully through my windows, I am overcome with the feeling that things are going to be okay. It doesn't mean things are perfect, or that there aren't hardships to overcome, but I know that they will pass.

Maybe it's the Diet Coke talking, but life is wonderful in its imperfections.

shine. g

Sometimes

1 Comments:

At 11:58 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

It was "American Beauty."

Thora Birch has nice ones.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Site Meter