Saturday, May 28, 2005

Taking a Bite

Well, my darlings, I have arrived in the city that never sleeps. And I did, in fact, sleep. Eventually.

It was a harrowing journey in which your heroine was ignored by airline reps when Hotwire "lost" her reservation and ignored AGAIN in the security line. She was chastised by this "security" for using 800 speed film that had to be hand-examined, and then told to "just go sit down" instead of getting a seat assignment at the gate.

On the bright side, I got exit rows on both legs of the trip, and had a nice turkey sandwich.

Upon arrival, DSoll was not there to get me and had not given me his address so I could cab over. Fucking liberals, this is what they do. Anyway, I arrived on Kent street, grapefruit margaritas were had, and then all was right with the world. Seriously, those things are the nectar of the gods.

The rest of the night was spent listening to dirty music, drinking, laughing, doing cartwheels on the roof of the warehouse DSoll lives in, and high-fiving Sigfried. Yeah, I said what I said. I high fived the motherfucker.

I also kind of growled as he kept walking down the dark Willimasburg street, and I swear he flinched.

I was a little wary of sleepy time, as the couch I have been assigned looked a little shady. But, my fears were assuaged by the presence of my DREAMSACK!! I have been looking at these silk sleeping bags for YEARS in the Sky Mall catalogs, and recently decided fuck it, I'm ordering one. It is extra large, dusty blue, and oh-so-lovely. I slept like a rock. A rock wrapped in luxury, if you'll allow me to be all flowery.

This morning, I have done my push ups and sit ups, showered, and re-lacquered my nails. I am ready to hit Manhattan. Look out east coast. She's got her flip flops on, and she ain't fuckin' around no more.

shiny. g

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Site Meter