Wednesday, March 16, 2005

No Peace

Just when you think you have the world figured out, my darlings, it comes back to getcha. All of a sudden, you realize that you don't have a handle on anything and things are not as calm as you thought.

The natural state of things is all-shook-up (uh huh).

The day after I get engaged to a beautiful woman, life pulls the rug out. And that rug really tied the fucking room together.

Nothing bad has happened, don't get me wrong. On this middle-of-the-week day, the car is in the shop, the schedule is filled to the brim, and the Grae is feeling tired. I'm still loving my morning energy shake and the sunshine on my shoulders. I just wish that things were a little bit easier. A little clearer, a little less demanding. I want some peace, and there is very little peace to be had 'round here.

On a side note, The Mighty G has offered to be Jenni's and my flower girl. She said that our guests will only have a split second to realize that rose petals CAN in fact hurt when they are hurled at you, and that white is not the best color to wear when she's walking down the aisle. Basically she wants to stir some shit up, in true Mighty G style. That's why we call her Thunder...

I am choosing to focus on the things that make me smile, like the image of RobMag huddled in a corner of Jenni's and my Hawaiian tiki hideout...JamieJames' fabulous tee shirt design for the Animals....and a salad. Everything else will have to wait until I choose to acknowledge it.

Harumph. g

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Site Meter