Tuesday, June 21, 2005

Saved

I deserved a great day today. After a night of restless sleep and nightmares when I actually DID sleep, I awoke feeling empty and sad over what transpired last night. I was still laughing too, of course, because that "you never loved me" text was really genius, but that's not the point.

I spent the day reminiscing with old friends. I laughed so hard that my abs are burning...

Thomas and I grabbed some Mexican food at our favorite joint Benny's. If I had to describe my old teacher Thomas, I would say he's like Robin Williams in Dead Poets Society, if that character also loved Linda Ronstadt, disco, dirty jokes, and making fun of stupid people.

He entertained me with stories of one bi-polar teacher that decided, out of the clear blue, that "talking was an addiction" and thus remained silent for 2 weeks out of principle. He also threw in a description of the senior prank this year...it involved the seniors getting a hold of the graduating classes' mailing addresses (given to them by the bi-polar teacher during one of his chemical spikes). They sent out letters stating that their graduation site is under construction, so the ceremony had to be held in the high school auditorium. Since it is too small, a lottery would be performed to see who would actually walk in the ceremony.

Now, a quick call to the school alleviated any parental concern...if they happened to miss the fact that the principal's name was spelled wrong in the signature line and that it was not on official South High letterhead. I guess the office phone line was ringing off the hook that day.

Then, it was off to dinner with MPoor! I was particularly excited about this reunion, since we haven't seen each other in about 5 years. I went to his prom with him my senior year...and he remains one of my favorite people of all time. Recently, he found me on myspace and we have been communicating ever since.

We ate some lovely Italian food and chatted up the waiter. We reminisced, ate, talked about movies, ate some more, and discussed our (fascinating)lives. It was great to sit across the table from this man for 3 hours and reconnect. Warm fuzzies are dancing in my tummy knowing that some things don't change, and some people will always be wonderful.

So, as I sign off for the night, worry not for me, my darlings. Soon, the diary-esque stint that this blog has been on will come to an end, and instead I will talk about watching Deadwood in my undies. But there will be some life lesson in it.

snuggle. g

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Site Meter