Wednesday, April 06, 2005

Peaches and Sweat

You know, I could listen to this song forever. I am listening to Mazzy Star's Fade Into You--hey, wait a second. I have estrogen coursing through my veins, you jerks. I know that this song is old news, and that is has been used and abused and exploited in countless films (professional AND student).

It was cool about five years ago, and I am losing points with all you music snobs right now who are busy saying things like "Kaiser Chiefs" and "The Kills." I know that I am openly saying that 2000 must have been one helluva makeout year for all the crazy kids listening to this song, and therefore indicating that I was not one of those kids.

My life is not about appearances, despite my love of floppy hats and large sunglasses. I do not own bling. I am all about the truth. And I guess the truth is, I am behind on my makeout music.

There is hope for me yet--I have finally caught up, and I am enjoying this lovely song right now, along with some acoustic Dave Matthews and Todd Rundgren.

It is reminding me of being with someone that beings you peace. By looking in their eyes as they open them for the first time that morning, you feel like it's going to be a great day. And every time they brush your skin with their lips, it's electric.

Look at me. Listening to a cliche song, carelessly hurling overused imagery at you. You deserve better than this, my darlings.

These days, I am feeling like the steam is running out. I have very little to write about, very little to say. One of the few things I look forward to are the moments I mentioned above. So this song is bringing me those memories in a morning where all that lies ahead of me is work and pushing buttons.

Just kidding about the Rundgren. g

1 Comments:

At 3:19 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Here's a song for ya:

"It's Only Time" by the Magnetic Fields. Makeout music? Sorta. Mostly it's just good.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Site Meter