Wednesday, March 30, 2005

It's All So Poignant

Wow, whatta morning. I woke up, energized, with the wheels turning about how twitterpated I am with the arrival of Spring. I was thinking about how the chemicals that surge through my body that make me feel all psyched up for Nympho Day fade in about 72 hours. (I need a recharge.) I was thinking about blasts from the past and how nice it is to hear from old friends who knew you when you were only beginning to be the person you are today.

Now I am thinking about other things. Growing up. Facing your fears. Upping your game. Becoming an adult. Drawing lessons from the events in your life.

To be a truly excellent person in this world, you must do things that you do not want to.

There is no peace in this life. There is only a push and pull that is facilitating change. We are malleable and always shifting, and we cannot ignore the fact that the outside world changes us every single day. We must rise to meet the challenge, or we become irrelevant.

And this makes me remember how important meditation is. In order to take on life, we must also be able to shut it out for a second.

Human beings are so reactionary. The abillity to be proactive is extraordinary and rare. Why wait until you have a heart attack to quit smoking? Why do you have to mow someone down before you stop speeding? etc.

There's a lot to be said for relaxing and enjoying life. But our mind is the only thing that keeps us from being the best that we can be RIGHT NOW.

There are so many people floating through my consciousness...and I feel this responsibility to be strong for you right now. I am lucky to have you around, you know. The ones I keep close are the ones that inspire me to be better than I am.

camera one. g

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Site Meter