Friday, September 09, 2005

El Fin.

I woke up today feeling refreshed and revitalized. Thanks to a late-night rendezvous and a wide array of Scarface merchandise filed in my closet under "F" for fabulous, the week had melted away and I was ready for this lovely Friday. But now, as I sit here in front of the computer, the smallest amount of wind has been taken out of my sails.

Only one movie opened this weekend that I am interested in.

This has been brewing for awhile, my darlings. We're no longer allowed to wear white shoes, thanks to last weekend's wild Labor Day celebration (the fashion police took our rights away, since we had so much fun). It's getting dark just a smidgeon earlier than it was before. I have to keep my hoodie handy for the chilly nights in the treehouse...and now this. No movies. You know what this means.

Summer is over.

My blessed summer vaca has officially ended, and this was the deadline I gave myself to buckle down and get working. I was going to get my head back in the game, simmer down, and grin and bear it. This was the deadline for fewer beers on patios, weekdays spent at the movies, and sleeping in. Time to be an adult again.

Now that I am staring it in the face, I have come to realize that the above lifestyle, as you can imagine, is bullshit and my original plan sucked. Time for Plan B. I am now looking for work that won't make me give up my jet-setting lifestyle. It's not that I mind working, now. I just have so much to do that work really gets in the way of it all.

I'm thinking that modeling, freelance editing, and the occasional commercial will be just the ticket. Don't you think?

Why should I stop living this life? I'm having so much fun! In freeing myself from the evil corporate machine, I became able to design my own life. It receives beautiful embellishments and tender loving care. Now, I can either work on my editing reel or pumice my feet. I can watch a couple episodes of the Shield and then go help children write screenplays during their lunch hour. I get to go out on school nights and enjoy birthdays, weddings, and bat mitzvahs unhindered. Yup, I do believe that I will never go back to the strict confines of day jobs.

So there.

And when I begin panhandling full-time, I'll thank you for not saying "I told you so."

spare change? g

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Site Meter