Wednesday, March 02, 2005

Fluff N Fold

Okay, so this cleansing thing my doctor has put me on is not exactly tits. My stomach hurt all weekend, and now that ailment has stopped and is replaced with a sore throat. Apparently there is something inside me that is dark and evil and does not want to go away.

Having said that, though, I really do feel better than I have in awhile. Just before I hopped in my car to leave work yesterday, I was inspired to make a mix CD. So I bust out all of my fav R & B oldies (hence the Bill Withers reference yesterday). May I say, my darlings, that this mix is the shit?

I was coming down with a bit of a migraine. Working out only makes it worse. So I headed home instead of to the gym, and I proceeded to gather my clean laundry.

Now, my pal JKas and I were discussing this--he hates doing laundry period, and I just hate hanging it up. Recently I learned a great trick. You spread the warm laundry out as if you were going to fold and hang it, but instead you FALL ASLEEP ON IT. Presto! Warm bed. It is endlessly cozy. In fact, many a laundry day of yore has been spent cuddled up and napping on toasty laundry with my then-Gentleman Caller. It was quite lovely..

Anyway, last night, for the first time in ages, I am listening to this mix and I am shakin' it. Like, for the reals shakin' it. And I am hanging up the laundry, folding, sorting, smoothing, matching, and just generally tearin' it up. It's like for a minute, I was wearing a rice paddy hat and confusing r's with l's with almond-shaped eyes.

Oh come on. Loosen up, whites.

I made it all the way through the laundry without stopping. I had the mood lighting on and the ole behind was still going. It was a great way to decompress before my night meeting...

So maybe this cleansing thing is working after all. Huh.

Here's the set list for the last-minute Mix With Soul:

Lovely Day-Bill Withers
Best of my Love-Emotions
You've Really Got a Hold on Me-Smokey Robinson and the Miracles
September-Earth, Wind and Fire
Ain't No Sunshine-Bill Withers
Signed, Sealed, Delivered-Stevie Wonder
Tears of a Clown-Smokey Robinson and the Miracles
For Once in my Life-Stevie Wonder
Just the Two of Us-Bill Withers
Across 110th Street-Bobby Womack
A Change is Gonna Come-Sam Cooke
You Can't Hurry Love-Supremes
Bernadette-Four Tops
(Your Love is Like A) Heat Wave-Martha Reeves and the Vandellas
Try a Little Tenderness-Otis Redding
You Keep me Hangin' On-Supremes
Unchain my Heart-Ray Charles

still shakin'. g

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Site Meter